Helping students achieve their course goals….
CIT Maths Online
Maths Online Self Learn Support via Blackboard
The Department of Mathematics at CIT have produced an excellent elearning resource for students called Maths Online. If you want mathematics 24hrs a day, 365 days a year, it's right here...just logon to Maths Online!
Maths Online is implemented via CIT's Learning Management System, Blackboard Learn and contains a range of useful topics such as Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Functions, Trigonometry and Calculus. It also has a variety of tools to help you with learning mathematics, such as a notes facility, exercises, solutions and quizes. This resource is an ideal supplement to mathematics/statistics modules and is easily accessed from home or in fact from any PC with internet access.
Maths Online is aimed primarily at first year students who may be experiencing some difficulty with Mathematics and/or Statistics. It may also be useful to those who need to brush up on the basics.
MATHS ONLINE FAQ’S
Who is eligible to use the service?
- Maths Online is available to all First Year students at CIT
How much does it cost?
- Nothing! It’s free…
Is the service available on computers outside the Institute?
- Yes, you can log on to Maths Online from any computer with internet access
What do I need to access the service?
- You will need a Blackboard account. IT Open Access can assist you with a Blackboard account. Once you have a Blackboard account, Maths Online can be added to your module list by self-enrollment. Please follow the steps below on Self-Enrollment.
What exactly will the service provide for me?
- Maths Online is an extra resource to help you with your learning of mathematics containing a range of materials including notes, exercises and quizzes. It also contains a range of tools to help you communicate with instructors and with your fellow students.
HOW DO I ACCESS MATHS ONLINE? ALL STUDENTS TAKING A MATHS OR STATS MODULE WILL AUTOMATICALLY be ENROLLED to use mathsonline. please scroll down in your list of modulesto find maths online non-credit Course. MATHSONLINE MAY BE AT THE VERY END OF YOUR MODULE LIST. If you can't see maths online in your module list, PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS TO self-enrol:
Self-enrolment for Maths Online
- Log into Blackboard Learn.
- Click on the "Module Search" widget in your dashboard and search for Maths Online.
- Scroll down through the search results to where you will find Maths Online non-Credit Course.
- Once you've found the module, click on the action link button next to the module name and click on Enrol.
- Enter the following access code/password: mathsonline (lower case, no spaces) and click submit.
- You should now see a message that says your enrolment was successful.
- Click on OK to continue to the course.